As Supervisor, he serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Township. The duties of the Hadley Township Supervisor include, but are not necessarily limited to, all of the following. However, some of the identified duties listed below have been delegated to other administrators. For example, the assessment duties have been assigned to the appointed Township Assessor. Duties not so delegated are retained and exercised by the Supervisor.
DUTIES OF THE SUPERVISOR
- Ensure all Township Ordinances are enforced.
- Manage and supervise township public improvements and undertakings of
- Be responsible for preserving township property, tools and appliances.
- See that all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the township or its
inhabitants in any public utility franchise, or in any contract, are faithfully
kept and performed.
- Chair all Township Board meetings.
- One of the five voting members of the Township Board.
- Be a member of all committees of the township board; Prepare and
administer the annual budget and keep the board fully informed about the
financial condition and needs of the township; Recommend to the board
adoption of such measures deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all Township Departments are operating in an efficient manner.
- Be the purchasing agent for the township or delegate such duties to
- Conduct sale of personal property that the township authorizes to be sold.
- Monitor the condition of all Township Roads.
- Serve as Township Personnel Director.